- Supporting members at the weekly Thursday Headsmart group
- Facilitating our monthly peer support group
- Supporting the young adults’ social group with the activity they have chosen to do that month
- Helping us with fundraising, for example working with the service manager to contact local businesses, taking part in an event to fundraise for the charity
- Supporting us with social media
- Helping with events planning and organisation
There are many other possibilities and if you have a skill you would like to share with us then do get in touch.
‘There are a number of reasons why I am glad to have had the opportunity to facilitate the monthly peer support group. It feels great to give something back to the community and is generally a very enjoyable experience. If you are looking to apply for the Doctorate in Clinical Psychology then it helps you improve on many of the necessary skills. An added bonus is that we always have biscuits or cake!’
Liz, Volunteer Facilitator, Peer Support Group.